Associate IT Security Analyst - 90165474 - Washington
Date: Sep 16, 2014
Location: Washington, DC, US, 20002
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARAY OF DUTIES:
The Associate IT Security Analyst assists in the execution and monitoring of data systems and network security across the enterprise. Working with the Chief Information Security Officer, Principal IT Technical Security and Lead IT Security Analysts, implements and monitors compliance with security policies and procedures such as user login and authentication rules, security breach procedures, escalation procedures, security auditing procedures, and the use of firewalls and encryption routines.
The Associate IT Security Analyst prepares training and awareness materials, status reports, and metrics and analysis on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
• Delivering security solutions for activity-based assignments, executing and solving problems within specifications and with clear direction and guidance
• Monitoring, developing and executing IT security across the enterprise
• Proposing improvements and assisting in the implementation of enterprise wide security standards, procedures and guidelines
• Assisting in business impact analysis to ensure proper security measures exist to adequately protect resources
• Running risk analysis reports using commercial tools or custom scripts and documenting found gaps
• Assisting in security audits and inspecting security logs to uncover possible security violations
• Checking existing accounts and data access permission requests against documented authorizations
• Interfacing regularly with staff from various departments to communicate security issues and respond to requests for assistance and information
• Providing security support for application and infrastructure related projects
• Resolving problems and assisting with security incident handling
• Responding to security incidents and assisting in forensic investigations
• Working with teams to resolve issues that are uncovered by various internal and 3rd party monitoring tools
• Assisting in the application security risk assessments for new or updated internal or third party applications
• Gathering and tracking security metrics, developing reports on the compiled information, and communicating the results
• Working with third party vendors during problem resolution
• Assisting in the evaluation and recommendation for hardware and software systems that provide security functions
• Assisting in the development of security awareness and compliance training programs, and providing communication training as needed
• Guiding users on the usage and administration of security tools that control and monitor information security
• Proven experiencing developing and implementing IT security policies and procedures across a large organization
• Proven experience monitoring, investigating, and solving IT security related concerns in a timely manner
• Strong interpersonal skills; including strong written and oral communication skills with individuals at all levels of an organization
• Proven strong attention to detail
• Proven ability managing and tracking large amounts of data, preferred experience with IT security data
• Proven ability working on a schedule including responding to requests and concerns in a timely and professional manner
• Experience with IT security forensic investigations
• Experience evaluating large systems (hardware and software) for IT security compliance
• Experience developing and conducting training programs
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in the transportation industry
• CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent (or obtain certification within 1 year)
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Posting Location(s):Maryland; Virginia
Job Family/Function:Information Technology
Education Requirements:Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements:1 - 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Information Technology || No Additional
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Information Security, Network Security, Technology, Security
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field